However, that is certainly NOT the case for our elected representatives and senators in D.C. They average one-hundred days less, or twenty-fewer weeks at work! They show up for work a mere 55% of the days that American workers do. Does this help explain why this 113th Congress gets so little accomplished?
- In 2014, the House is scheduled to be in session for 133 days.
- In 2012, the House was in session for 153 days.
- In 2010 the House was in session 128 days.
- In 2008, the House was in session 119 days.
- In 2006, the House was in session 104 days.