MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION: Is it your time to Join?
AAUW Mission: Advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, and research. The American Association of University Women (AAUW) is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls. Since our founding in 1881, AAUW members have examined and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day — educational, social, economic, and political. There are various levels of open membership for all individuals regardless of gender, educational level, or personal life choices. YES! Now, is the time to join us in making the world a better place for all.
More Membership Facts
Thank you for your interest in AAUW-Dearborn, established in 1933. Our branch has over 100 members including several who have been with this branch for 50 years or more. We support the mission of AAUW throughout the year through various programs and activities. By joining our voices with members from AAUW-Michigan and AAUW-National, our voices can be heard in Washington D.C. and around the world.
- Make new friends by joining one of our Study and Interest Groups: book sale teams, epicureans, book clubs, film critics, global studies, and Bridge, or participate in Community Outreach, and more.
- Membership events and activities typically meet September through June.
- General meetings and programs are held monthly in various locations around Dearborn. Some events are held in the afternoon, others in the evening.
- As a member you will receive an annual Information Directory with the year’s program, history, and branch/state contacts.
- Members also receive a newsletter, LEGACY, ten months of the year that includes reports, news items, meeting details. Between issues of LEGACY, an e-Buddy/email system is used for reminders and branch news.
- AAUW-Dearborn mentors facilitate new members’ orientation.
- Attendance at meetings and events is encouraged, but not required.
- The programs focus on current women’s issues and interests, but reflect on the integral core family and how it can improve.
- Annual dues are $91 with a reduced fee of $60 ( first year only) available at public programs and events.
- Regular membership requires a college degree ( 2 or 4 year). Those without a degree qualify for the Community Partner membership category.
- As a philanthropic group, we contribute to several educational and community programs.
Let your voice be heard! Join AAUW-Dearborn!
Commitment, and Camaraderie, and Connections!
For more information and an application contact:
VP Membership Nancy Rahrig
at email@example.com or 313 515 7411
Check us out on Facebook!